Other kids' stuff

I guess when you're a kid, maybe the best thing about going to visit other kids is the opportunity to play with an entirely new set of toys. On Sunday we went to a party hosted by some new friends who have three young children of their own. Aaron enjoyed the workbench and, as you can see, followed all OSHA regulations and guidelines.

However, the big winner of the day, the one toy that the kids were talking about for days and days before the party, was the trampoline. In fact, I think that was the most desired play object for all the kids there. At one point, I counted no fewer than seven children and one adult on the trampoline. (Full disclosure: I was that adult.)

Before the kids asked me to hop with them, I managed to get a few pictures. This one is interesting. Like any almost-safe trampoline, there's a safety net. The picture is kind of nice, but all the little hexagons from the netting mess things up. Warning: \begin{geek} I want to try to get rid of them by taking a 2D FFT of the image and finding and removing the spatial frequency that corresponds to the hexagons' period. The inverse FFT should give me an image back where the hexagons are not so much in the way. I think I know how to do this with LabView. Once I find some time to play around with this, I'll post the results of my little image processing experiment. \end{geek}


But on to more important things, like marvelling at how much air Talia is catching in this jump.


I learned how difficult it is to take a picture while in mid-jump. This one was so close to turning out great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status