Bucket List

There is a note making its way around Facebook called The Bucket List. I presume it is named after the movie of the same name, in which two men try to get through a list of things they'd like to do before they "kick the bucket," as they say. I don't know about the movie, but the note lists many things that people have done, some of which include (I have not done all of these):
Gone on a blind date
Skipped school
Been to Canada
Been lost
Swam in the ocean
Cried yourself to sleep
Done something you told yourself you wouldn't.
Caught a snowflake on your tongue
Danced in the rain
Written a letter to Santa Claus
Ridden on an elephant
Swam with dolphins
Swam in the Mediterranean
Been to a Major League Baseball game

The list made me think about a list I made many years ago, one that I can probably still find if I look hard enough. I had items listed that I wanted to do over the span of my life, some of which I have accomplished, i.e. run a marathon, some of which I have not, i.e. take a trip to Italy. I think I need to find that list, look at it again, and possibly add some more items. If I were to make a "bucket list" now, I am certain it would be more than slightly different than the list I composed 15 years ago.

Some of the things I'd add to my original list would be:
See my kids in a profession that makes them happy
Have grandkids (I know I have no control over this!)
Be able to visit my kids and grandkids as often as I can
Visit Niagra Falls
Have my house and garage organized
Visit Walloon Lake
Stay up to usher in a New Year (that went out the window with the arrival of children)
Run 5-6 days a week
Make an impact on every student I teach, preferably a GOOD impact
See friends I haven't seen in WAY too long
Publish a book for children
Sell my baked goods
Donate my time to those that need it (not very specific, but I have to figure out those specifics)
Like always, I could go on, but time is of the essence. What are some of the things that you'd like to do, or have done? I'd be curious to know.

Next time, I promise some great pictures of the children. I don't want the buckets of sunshine to think they are afterthoughts (as if!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status