Monday Morning Musings

Well, it might be afternoon by the time this gets posted. But this is what's been going through my brain as of late...really a bunch of questions. If you have answers, feel free to leave a comment.

1. Why do people here say, "I have to go to the grocery" while up north they say, "I have to go to the grocery store"? I looked it up. Grocery is a noun. But I find that I use grocery as an adjective out of habit.

2. Why do I like to eat cottage cheese with a fork, but I won't touch it with a spoon?

3. Will I have at least one child with my propensity for neatness? I am holding out hope for Melina here!

4. How am I supposed to answer all of Aaron's questions?

5. Why do women (mostly, and myself included) feel as though we need to take on the world? Yes, I know there are books out there completely devoted to this subject. I don't care about the psychological mumbo-jumbo...I guess this is really a rhetorical question (aren't they all?).

6. It is bad if my kids are fed, bathed, clothed, loved, with homework done and small chores accomplished, but the windows haven't been cleaned in a year?

7. Why can't I remember what the control factors for the cell cycle are and how cyclin-dependent kinases work, but if you ask me what the kids had for breakfast on January 23rd, I just might be able to tell you?!?

8. Why do people (again, myself included although I REALLY try not to) feel the need to tell others how to parent?

9. Why do restaurants think that slapping together some vegetables and cheese constitutes a tasty vegetarian dish?

10. Do people with family members that live close to them realize just how lucky they and their children are?

I could go on, but I actually do have laundry, cooking, and school work to get done. And those kids, I guess I should try to feed and love the two that are here.

Comments

Kelsey said…
#1 - I think of an item, like a box of cereal, as a grocery - I always say grocery store (or just store). I don't use "grocery" as a noun to mean the entire store.

The one that gets me is leaving out "to be" so many Ohioans would say, "My hair needs cut or my house needs painted," and it sounds like they are leaving words out of their sentences.

#4 The first response I have for most of Harper's questions ends up being a sigh as I try to figure out what I am going to answer. The other day she asked how we move, and she specified that she didn't mean by walking or running, but actually wanted to know why our bodies are able to move. I should have called you!

#6 People wash their windows?

#10 Yes! I know we're so lucky to have Matt's parents here (but I still really, really wish we lived by mine too).

I hope you didn't mind responses to some of your rhetorical questions!
Timmy said…
#2: Ice Cream.
#3: Nope. Melina will look up to Z&T (and Dude) as role models, but not you. For my part, I don't like dirty, but cluttered is ok.
#4: Make up outrageous and fantastical lies. It'll spark his imagination even more, and it's a fun way to answer.
#9: Because we're in the non-Ann Arbor part of the midwest.

Why does it seem that among dads, only the stay-at-home ones blog?

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status