My Mom is Special!

Zoe came home today with some special mail for me, in honor of Mother's Day. Inside a nice card she made, were two special sheets of paper. The first one was a fill-in-the-blank sheet of paper, while the second one was a poem, partially written by Zoe (her teacher had them fill in some blanks but then printed it out nicely from the computer in poem format). Both of them were very sweet, so I thought I'd share them here.

#1:
My Mom is Special!


My Mom's Name is: Christina
She is special because: She is nice.
I like it when my Mom: takes me to McDonald's.
My Mom can do many things! I think she's best at...teaching.
My Mom has a pretty smile! I like to make her smile by...helping her.
My Mom is as pretty as a...princess.
My Mom is smart! She even knows multiplication (So funny, no?).
I'd like to tell my Mom...She is the BEST cook EVER! (Her capitals, not mine)
Signed Zoe (followed by 3 hearts)

The following poem made me realize how important it is to watch what you mutter around the house. Thank goodness I am usually pretty good about what I say.

#2:
Mommy

Nice,

Loving,

Kind,


Wishes to have a clean house,

Dreams of me cooking dinner every night,

Wants to go on a vacation.

Who wonders what I'm up to.

Who fears me getting hit by a car.

Who is afraid of bears.

Who likes hippos.

Who believes in the Golden Rule.


Who loves me, Talia, Aaron and Melina.
Who loves Daddy.
Who loves her Mommy.
Who loves her Daddy.

Who plans to go to Disneyland.
Who plans to watch me graduate.
Who plans to potty train Melina.

Whose final destination is a happy life.

Love, Zoe

The poem really did capture many details about me. I do like hippos, and always complain about the mess around here. I've said "I need a vacation!" too many times to count, and have definitely stated that "someone else can do some cooking sometime" as well. I do wonder what Zoe (and the rest of the clan) is doing; I had a dream a long time ago that Zoe got hit by a car; we speak about the Golden Rule often. The rest of the poem is spot on! As much as I complain that my kids are not listening, I think they must be (or at least Zoe is!), as evidenced by this poem.

I thanked her for the special words and told her how lovely it all is. I think I should also thank her for enlightening me, and making me realize that maybe, just maybe, the kids are listening, and maybe, just maybe, I am doing something right.

Happy Mother's Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status