Spring Training

Today marks the first game of Tim's baseball season. It will be a long season -- a lesson I learned the first year he played. He will have games on Wednesday nights and Sundays. Sometimes he will have double headers. Will we see much of him on those days? Probably not. And the only person not complaining around here about it is Tim himself.

Actually, I was the one that suggested Tim take up baseball again. I asked my neighbor if her husband knew of a league, and he did. I thought it would be good for Tim to get out and play some ball, meet some people, expend some energy and burn some calories. I didn't know at the time that the baseball season took up almost 6 months of our lives, or that Tim could potentially ingest more calories in the parking lot of the baseball diamonds than he burns playing catcher.

The year Melina was born, I think Tim missed only one game. And it wasn't because of me or Melina. Actually, I managed to deliver her in the wees hours of a Thursday morning. There was no game that Wednesday prior, and I believe he made it to the game the following Sunday, since my mom was visiting. How is that for timing? Dedicated player, dedicated wife :)

But, Tim enjoys playing, and therefore, it is worth it. I am guessing he feels the same way about me going out for multiple runs as I do about baseball, and I guess that is the story of marriage -- being able to compromise, right? Let's hope the season goes well for them.

***
Speaking of spring training, Aaron's last day of school is Friday. Therefore, Friday afternoon is the start of potty training (or potty learning as people are wont to say these days) for Melina. I think she says potty when she is urinating in her diaper. And I can tell when she is making a bowel movement. I think it needs to be taken care of this summer. I'll let you know how it goes.

***
We have a load of pictures to post. I am going to put Tim on it, and they will be here soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status