You Know They Meant Well, Don't You?

You know those people that try to help you out but really just bungle things? I know you know someone like that. The person that tries to help you clean up ends up making things dirtier. The person that puts away your dishes ends up putting everything in the wrong place so that you have to spend double the time finding the dishes AND putting them away again...in the right place this time. The person at work that wants to help you with your project, but in the end, makes it such that the project takes twice as long and isn't anything like the outcome you envisioned.

Don't ask what prompted this, but nod your head in solidarity with me. Chuckle, smirk, and take a sip of your coffee; thank the good Lord that you haven't had that happen to you in a while. Sit back and say thank you for little blessings.

But in the end, even though you'd rather say "No thanks!" the next time a person offers help to you, I bet you'll still say "Thanks" and accept the assistance. It might be out of good manners, but for me, I think it also has to do with the idea that the person cares enough about me to want to help. And therefore, my way of saying "Thanks" to them for their thoughtful actions is to go ahead and let them help. Now, will I be able to find my car once that person has parked it for me? Probably not. But hey, they certainly "meant well" didn't they?!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status