My Favorite Things

Due to yesterday's negligence, I feel the need to post a second round of thoughts today. It is too bad that today, nothing eventful happened. No funny things out of the children's mouths, no people commenting on my number of children, no idiotic phrases muttered in class by students that just have no clue. Perhaps I can add a day like today to my list of favorite things.

I have been thinking about my favorite things quite a bit these days. We heard the song on the radio yesterday, and of course, we all sang along. Just as a reminder, the lyrics go a little something like this (thank you, STLyrics):

The kids like the first verse, mostly due to the mention of kittens. I, however, have always preferred the third verse. As a kid, I imagined what that white dress would look like, and longed for something, anything really, with a blue satin sash.

So what, you ask, would be included on a list of my favorite things? (People not included)

1. Sunny days with a cool, gentle breeze
2. Ice cream, especially raspberry cheesecake
3. Running through the Arb, in Ann Arbor during the summertime
4. Biking to the Dexter Dairy Queen
5. Reading in bed, all day
6. Walking through our neighborhood when the leaves have just started turning colors
7. Walloon Lake
8. Driving through Amish country and the hills of Eastern Pennsylvania
9. The sweet smell of a freshly washed child
10. The silence that permeates the house just before everyone wakes.

I am sure that I have posted something similar before, but since I have yet to upload Aaron's Scooby-Doo cake pictures (can you say L-A-Z-Y?), you'll just have to make do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status