How The Mighty Have Fallen!

Apparently, a germ is going around the kindergarten class. I spoke with Harper's dad on Saturday morning, only to find out that poor Harper had thrown up in the night. By the time I was on the phone with Matt, Aaron was doing better. By Saturday afternoon, he was actually starting to eat some food. I wonder how many other kindergarten kids are sick right now. Thank goodness for Mrs. H we all have two weeks off.

Yesterday evening, Melina fell prey to the germ. It is not surprising, considering the enormous amount of time that Aaron and Melina spend together. In fact, not to be gross, but when Aaron was heaving over the bowl, Melina was right there, watching and patting his back. I tried to pull her away, but her compassion kept her there. You can't fault that...it makes you feel like you are doing something right.

In any case, right around dinner, Melina said her elbow hurt. I am sure it did, as one of the other kids said she did something to injure it. She ate a little bit of her quesadilla, but not enough to sustain her overnight. She started to get irritable and whiny, and she requested that I hold her. When she declined to eat a full bowl of black olives, I knew something was amiss. I asked her if something hurt. She said, "No. Nothing hurts. I just don't feel well." Okay then.

We got her to bed a little early. She was clinging to a bowl while she fell asleep. Tim rested with her while I put Aaron to bed, and then helped Zoe and Talia. I went into Melina's room about 8:15 pm, after I thought I heard her complaining. At 9:15 pm she was hot and wanted to head downstairs. About 9:30 pm, she got sick. Tim and I helped her out, held her, and all three of us fell asleep on the couch. Our necks and backs are yelling at us today for it. Clearly, Tim and I are getting old.

Melina is recovering on the couch. She only vomited twice, and I am hoping it is behind her now. Aaron is doing well; he asked for peanut butter toast first thing this morning for breakfast. The girls are still hanging in there, and Tim and I, while sore, show no signs of anything -- yet.

I'll keep you updated. Nothing like viruses for Christmas presents!

Comments

Kelsey said…
I wonder how you guys are doing now? Does a quiet blog mean you are sick? I hope not!

I will refrain from commenting on the current state of things here - which may allow you infer how we are?

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status