Nap Time

Melina has had a cold this past week. Actually, she is on day 8 of the cold, but it is clearing (or so I think). Napping is difficult when you have a stuffy nose, so a couple of days this past week, Melina just decided not to nap. I'd put her in her room, and she'd read some books for about 10 minutes, and then I'd hear her calling me. Two days ago, I really needed to get something done during what was supposed to be nap time. Therefore, I called in the troops: Aaron.

Aaron said he'd go lay down with her. No sooner had he gone up the stairs and I hear over the monitor, "Melina! You are supposed to be next to me, not ON me!"

I am sure you can imagine what I found.


***
During a few of the naps that did occur this week, we managed to make almost an entire pound of chocolate covered pretzels, a few chocolate covered marshmallows (way better than I anticipated, hence I bought another bag of marshmallows), and 6 chocolate covered spicy squares. That is what we call the Cheezits with the tabasco sauce in them. The girls loved the mix of chocolate and spice, but I am still on the fence. I have 3 bags more of melting chocolate, and I think, in addition to more pretzels, we might try covering some small squares of rice cereal treats and bananas. I have oreos in the cupboard, too. Chocolate covered oreos...Yum.

Today, we made Italian Christmas Cookies, some of which are going to school with Zoe next week as part of a project. The batch made 126 cookies. Stop by if you'd like to taste them, seeing as Zoe needs only 50 or so! Next up: Mandel bread (for Talia's project), cranberry-walnut bread, and chocolate drop cookies. I might try to fit in molasses cookies before we make cherry pie and date cake at Christmas. My favorite part of Christmas is the baking we do, so I am thinking that I should start sending out care packages instead of cards -- you know which ones would be finished on time.

Comments

Krista said…
Yum! Chocolate covered marshmallows are great! And definitely try the Oreos! We had chocolate fondue at Thanksgiving yesterday and the marshmallows, Oreos and granny smith apples were the most popular. And cake balls are good covered in chocolate also -- it's basically a ball of cake and frosting dipped in chocolate. See Bakerella.com for inspiration :) --And let me know if you do make them, because I might have to stop by and try one :)
Kelsey said…
Hmmm... if we do get to meet for coffee later this week I might have to ask for a sample since we can't bring any into the house. Sounds good.

I love to do chocolate covered pretzels - so easy but they seem fancy.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status