Melina's Secrets

Melina has this hilarious habit of telling secrets. She walks up to me and whispers, "Mom, I have a secret," and expects me to lean in close and listen.

What types of secrets can a two year old have, you ask? All of her secrets are things that she would like to have or do at the moment.

1. Can we go downstairs? (Whispered to me at 5 am.)
2. Can I have an ice cream sandwich? (Whispered at almost any time of the day.)
3. Can I watch the old Scooby Dooby Doo? (The old 1970s version.)
4. Can we make macaroni and cheese?

She will walk away defeated if you respond no to her secret (usually to numbers 1-3). If you comply with the request, she does a little happy dance that is just the cutest. Trust me.


And just because I think it is funny, I have to relay this story. We were headed to church last Sunday, and I was sitting in the front seat, giving the usual "you must behave spiel" to the kids.

Me: Kids, I expect you to be behave and be quiet, please.
Zoe, Talia, and Aaron: We know.
Melina: Well, I am not going to be quiet!


We all bust up at that response. Thank goodness that she actually did pretty well that morning.

Comments

Kelsey said…
I love the church story - she has a mind of her own!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status