Mom's Day Out

This past Tuesday was quite a day for me.

In the morning, I met an old friend, Missy, for breakfast. Back in elementary school, we pretty much stuck together. We were really good friends until high school, when I moved to another town and school district, about 1.5 hours away. I think we kept in touch until about sophomore year of high school, but new people and new interests sometimes get in the way of friendships.

In college, I met Karen, who went to high school with Missy, and I kept up on how she was doing that way. In grad school and once the kids were born, I still learned how she was doing from Karen. When I told Karen we were possibly moving here, she piped up, "Missy just moved to that area!"

To make a long story short, we connected at some point after we moved, and have tried to get together periodically. It is nice to hear about Missy's parents and her siblings, and how her work, husband, and kids are. I thoroughly enjoyed our time together, and I am so grateful that we were able to reconnect almost 8 years ago.

To make Tuesday even better, I had another item on my agenda for that day. Kelsey had previously asked if I wanted to see the latest Harry Potter movie when it got to the discount theater. We needed to see it before today, as it was leaving. So heading out to a movie on Tuesday night was the plan.

Kelsey drove because I don't see well at night, and we had a nice time chatting in the car, and before the movie. I bought myself a blue raspberry icee, and I must have had a look of pure bliss on my face when I tasted it the first time, because Kelsey said something to the effect of, "That must taste really good!" Of course! I didn't have to share my icee with anyone under 9, and I was sitting in a movie theater for the first time since 2001! Woo-hoo!

I met Kelsey about 6 years ago because we attended the same play group. Her daughter Harper is a good friend of Aaron's, and little Michael is about the same age as Melina. We both love books, care immensely about education, and enjoy getting our families together. That last bit is sometimes hard to do, as Harper has a severe peanut allergy, and we eat more peanut products than the average American. In any case, I am again, grateful to have met Kelsey and her family, and feel blessed to have both these ladies in my life.

So here's to you, Missy and Kelsey, for making my Tuesday an absolutely wonderful day. Perhaps we should do it again soon!

Comments

Kelsey said…
We WILL do it again - I had so much fun!
tanveer said…
in the life some new people get in the way.Mom day is special day.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status