Thanks!

I love blogging. Partly because I love to write. Always have, always will. Perhaps, if I get good enough, I can make some money someday doing some writing. But I digress.

Another reason I love to blog (and I know that Kelsey will back me up, and she probably has a post on this already) is that you get advice from people who know you (and sometimes, from people you don't).

And, I just wanted to say Thanks! to several of you folks that gave me advice/support regarding the last post: the full-time job, outside the home.

I especially need to say a big Thanks! to Julie, for giving (as she calls it) her unsolicited advice. Come to think of it, I probably did solicit advice, considering I posted the topic. However, it was good to get a view from a full-time, outside the home mom.

Around here, I know many SAHMs that would have given me the same spiel: Your kids are only young once! Why are you in the rush to get back to work? The list could go on. And while I might sound cavalier when I write that, and roll my eyes at the triteness of the sentences, they are exactly correct in everything they said. Luckily, there is no rush. But sometimes opportunities come along.

Because I speak with Kelsey on a regular basis, I know how much fun she had last year when she went full-time for a bit. I thought of that experience and how it could fit into our family. To be honest, it doesn't fit right now. Perhaps next year, but at the moment, not so much. Tara said it best when she said that the timing is not right. Clean and simple.

I sent a second email to Brooke, the babysitter, last night saying that I wasn't ready to teach full-time, and that we could discuss things later. She wrote back saying that she was actually pretty excited about the prospect of helping us. Knowing that, I still haven't changed my mind, but it could make things easier in the future.

So again, Thanks! for helping. Just writing my issues down seems to be a way to wade through the muck, and I appreciate any help I can get, considering the muck grows at an exponential rate these days.

***
Small update: Brooke and I discussed a few details this morning when I returned. My plan is to tell the powers that be that I would like to be the absolute last resort. If they need a warm body, I can do it. One quarter is only 11 weeks of madness. The whole experience might be much-needed shake up for the kids and Tim, a lesson in how to get along without Mommy so much (Thanks! to you, too, Tami, for your insight.) I still hope they don't need to resort to the last resort, though!

Comments

T said…
You've always been an inspirational writer, you are an inspirational mother and a woman like you will definitely have this opportunity come along again. Keep up the blog, I enjoy following.
Kelsey said…
I did have fun working, but I also only have 1/2 as many children as you! :-)

And one of my favorite thing about blogging is the sense of community it gives me. I even think I know you in a better/different way because of the blogs - a way that I like.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status