Body Image

Apparently, how I view my body and how my kids view my body are two completely different things.

Me: I have a little extra skin from the pregnancies, but overall, I am in pretty good shape.
Them: Your belly looks like bread dough.

Me: My back-end, while still too flat to fill out the jeans, isn't too bad at my age.
Them: Mom, your bum jiggles.

Me: Varicose veins? Yep, I have them. But they could be worse. And I got kids in return.
Them: What are those bruises on your legs? They are purple!

Me: My boobs have sagged and deflated a bit from nursing four children.
Them: You could use band-aids for a bra, mom.

I think kids can do some real damage to a person's body image, don't you think?

Comments

Kelsey said…
I think the children will apologize for these observations one day! I am not brave enough to post some of Harper's observations...

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status