Happy Birthday!

A very special Happy Birthday greeting to my special friend and faithful reader, Julie! I hope your day is extraordinary today!

Julie and I have known each other since our first year of college. We both decided to room blind, and therefore, we were stuck with one another. I remember getting a letter of introduction from her in the mail, along with her senior picture. She was wearing a blue sweater -- still one of my favorite colors on her. I was thrilled with her letter -- she seemed NORMAL. That was all I could ask for at that time. Funny thing, though. I remember Dad looking at the postmark and saying something to the effect of her being liberal, all based on a postmark! I can say this because my parents absolutely love Julie. It is just something I find so funny, and so Dad.

(Incidentally, at the time I was probably conservative, only because my parents were. Now, I decide things on my own, and certainly lean toward the liberal side of things. Sorry, Dad!)

Of course we've had ups and downs. We haven't always been in the same state or the same state of mind, for that matter. But Julie is a third sister to me, and someone I really miss speaking to on a more daily basis. I've learned so much from her, and I hope she can say the same of me.

I can't believe the last picture I have of Julie is with her husband, Gil, a couple of months after getting married. Things have changed since then for Gil and Julie, i.e. a beautiful little girl and (I think) another dog. Either way, Happy Birthday, Julie!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status