All Things Scooby!

I happened upon a website today that is pretty neat. In fact, it goes by the name of Neatorama. I found it when I googled Chinese footbinding. You might wonder why I was looking to learn more about that practice. A book I am reading, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, has a pretty graphic description of the procedure used to bind women's feet. I don't doubt the author's description; I just want more information. In any case, Neatorama had an article on that practice, and then I stumbled upon a very informative series of articles regarding Scooby-Doo.

If you have kept up with our blog at all, you know that Melina is a Scooby-Doo fan. She was Scooby-Doo last Halloween, and if she is given the choice to watch something, she will choose Scooby-Doo. "I want the old ones, Mom," she says. By old, she means the ones I watched when I was a kid. I guess they are pretty old, aren't they?

My plan is to bookmark the website and let the kids peruse the wealth of information on Scooby-Doo. It talks about when the show first started, and why it first started. The articles give some background on the actors that do the voices, and what show served as Scooby-Doo's model. (Do you know which show? I had no idea.) I think the kids will find the information rather interesting, perhaps even Melina someday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status