Dog Days

I usually don't double post, but today, I just felt like it.

We are babysitting Molly, who is a rather large black labrador of some sort. She is not some random dog off the street -- she is Tara's dog. Why do we have her? Tara and Todd babysat the kids for us a couple of weekends ago, and they left the dog. Leaving the dog was prearranged. If we have her, then they don't need a dog sitter for the times they would like to go camping over the next couple of weeks.

My mom thought I was crazy to say yes to watching the dogs, but I guess the same could be said of Tara saying yes to watching 4 kids. Either way, we both are getting something out of the deal. So far, everything has been fine with Molly. She is pretty calm and doesn't bark (yes!) as much as Shadow does. However, I realize just how nice of a dog Shadow is, now that I have someone to whom I can compare him.

  1. Molly slobbers. On the floor, on the people, on the couch.
  2. Molly goes upstairs. She sneaks by the baby gate (put there just for her) in order to investigate the upper floor. The cats have no place to hide anymore!
  3. Molly digs in my purse to get snacks. Not dog snacks, either. I came home yesterday to find that she had pulled out Melina's snack container and managed to get the lid off and eat all of the cheddar bunnies. Those Annie's bunnies are expensive! I'll get back at her somehow!
  4. Molly has flatulence that cannot be described as anything less than abominable. Okay, I'll be honest, Shadow has this problem, but perhaps I am already more used to his odor, having spent the last 4 years with him.
  5. Molly eats out of Shadow's bowl, even after she has eaten her own food.

And reason #5 was the one that sent me over here to write. Because Molly was standing there, RIGHT IN FRONT OF SHADOW, eating his food. AND SHADOW DID NOTHING! Not a growl or a grimace. If someone were taking my food, I'd have shown more emotion than this dog did. And that is why he is just right for this family of 4 kids and 2 cats.

Truthfully, Molly is welcome any time.

Comments

T said…
OMG, OMG I have to repost this on FB. Dude, her flatulance isn't just abominable, but it is actually... what is the word... you can hear it. It is audible. What kind of dog farts are audible, SERIOUSLY audible?!?!?

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status