Oh How The Time Flies!

The kids have been in school for two weeks already. And I haven't posted since August 30. Yikes! Melina and I have been so busy here, the days are flying by! We spent much of the first two weeks at the kids' school, helping with first grade lunch and a random science experiment for the fourth grade. This week, Melina and I are finishing up some odds and ends before we both head to school next week.

Today, Melina had her first real dentist checkup. The last time, she sat in the chair while Miss Maria counted her teeth and showed her all of the instruments. This time, she sat through an entire dental cleaning, AND had an X-ray. One of her teeth never did come in, so the dentist wanted to see if the permanent tooth is at least there. As far as he can tell, it is. I forgot the camera, but the look on Melina's face when she went up and down in the chair, and then backwards, was priceless!

Aaron is enjoying first grade, but he is worn out by the end of the day. We just bought him a new pair of sneakers, too, with lights. The kid has been looking for light-up shoes for a while now, but each pair we found was at least $55. I told him that I wasn't going to pay more for his shoes than my own (he doesn't need to know that I pay top dollar for my running shoes!). Luckily, this weekend we found a cheap pair, that was then on-sale! Yippee! I don't mind $16.98 for a new pair of light-up shoes! And, Aaron is happy.

***
I wrote, back in August, about the girls' first book club. The author posted the kids' pictures on her website, and wrote a short paragraph. If you are into reading juvenile fiction (for young ladies, really) I do recommend Tracy Trivas' book, The Wish Stealers. Overall, a good read.

And speaking of good reads, Gina recommended The Art of Racing in the Rain. Read it. Loved it. Still processing it. But I came away with a new appreciation for my dog, race car driving, and life in general. Can't complain about that!

***
We can't forget to shout out a quick Happy Birthday! to Tara and Elli! Many more to you both!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status