Happy Monday

Mondays are used for cleaning up around the house and running errands. I usually have a list of things to do: laundry, general clean-up, run to Trader Joe's, etc.

Today, the quest was simple: Find a pair of clip-on earrings.

I am sure the first question is why? But I bet you can guess the who.

Apparently, Melina felt the need to have a pair of earrings to go with her wedding outfit. She has had the dress, the veil, and the shoes for a while. This weekend, at the Spaghetti Dinner, Mrs. D gave her a ring that will work. The only thing missing? The earrings. Can't you just see my eyes rolling right now?

We tried Goodwill first, but they only had black earrings. They had a nice fuchsia pair, too, but in classic Melina fashion, she nixed them, as they wouldn't match the rest of the outfit. Right next to Goodwill is an Elder-Beerman store. If there isn't a store that screams I'm Old! more, I don't know what it is. There just had to be a pair of clip-ons in there.

And there was. A nice (and cheap) pair that matches her outfit perfectly, at least according to Melina. Happy Melina = Happy Monday!

Comments

T said…
I don't get it. She looks just like you, yet I'm not sure how she's yours?!?!? Do you even care if your socks are matching? :) I don't mean that in a bad way, you're just so not high maintenance.
Kelsey said…
I agree with "T" - this cracks me up!

I think, in a delightful way, your whole family dynamic is going to shift as Melina grows up... :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status