My Little Secret

So, did I ever tell you that I have always been attracted to bad boys? Well, it is true. You wouldn't know it by my husband or by any of the people I dated in my previous life.

The guys with the tattoos and piercings? Intriguing. Rocker boys? Always caught my eye, especially if they had dyed their hair. The crazier they looked, the more they attracted me. Have you ever read the Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty? Thanks to my friend Kelsey, I did. Marcus Flutie? So my type when I was younger. I would have gone for him in a heartbeat. Bad boy, plus he was intelligent. Perhaps that is why I really enjoyed reading those books; I lived vicariously through Jessica.

The bad boys I met in real life, while outwardly attractive, just weren't attractive on the inside. This is going to sound like a generalization, and I apologize. But the bad boys I encountered? They tried to play it so cool, that they didn't care. The apathy was something I could do without.

So, aside from not wanting an apathetic partner, why didn't I end up with a bad boy? To be honest, I just don't think the good girl with the lack of confidence ever attracted those bad boys. In fact, I am somewhat glad of that. If some of those bad boys had actually been attracted to me, my life might have been a whole lot different. As in, my life might have been full of trouble.

What did I get instead? I found a guy who has the soul of a bad boy, but the exterior of a saint. Tim was somewhat of a class clown in school, although he was smart enough not to get caught (or the teachers just liked him and let him get away with whatever it was that he did). Tim also painted himself blue once in order to impersonate a Smurf. Not quite the hair dying type, but close, right? And one time, Tim chose to wear blue toenail polish. This was at a time when men wearing toenail polish was not the norm. (Okay, maybe it still isn't the norm, but almost anything goes these days.)

You might think the description of Tim and what I used to be attracted to are two completely different pictures. But upon thinking about it more, I think I figured out where the two pictures actually overlap. I tend to go for a guy that exudes confidence, sometimes even bordering on arrogance. The bad boys had it, and so does Tim. Now if I can just get him to put a tattoo on his bicep and a streak in his hair, we'll be golden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status