Super Talents

FRN asked what I'd like to have for a super talent. I am not sure that I the answer to that question, but it certainly got me thinking. (You will have to go with my stream of consciousness post here, sorry!) My enormous amount of common sense might, to some, be considered a super talent. So far, I don't know what it has done for me. What if I had the power to be invisible, something akin to Harry's invisibility cloak? I don't think so. There isn't much more that I'd do if I were invisible, so that won't quite work. Unlike Harry, I don't usually need to fight the dark powers that lurk in the night. I thought about being able to run at the speed of light, having more than two hands, and being able to do without sleep, and all of those would be great, but I realized, after having thought some more about it, that those talents (if you can call them that) are purely selfish.

So, in this week or so before Thanksgiving, I thought that maybe a talent that would be considered super and be extremely helpful, would be the ability to transform common dirt into food and clean water. Can you imagine the people I could help with that one? I'd be able to help people not only in this neck of the woods, but I'd be able to travel to third world countries and make sure they had some of the necessities of life. Wouldn't that be cool?

Of course, with every super talent or super power comes something bad. But since I don't feel like dwelling on that, we are going to stop right here.

I hope you all have some good plans for Thanksgiving this year, and I also hope you have alot for which to be thankful. We sure do. That will be yet another post later.

Comments

cryptozoologist said…
for me, it is time travel. "hey honey, lets go see franz liszt tonight."
cryptozoologist said…
oh and by the way, the ability to turn soil into food is called farming ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status