Time For A Tea Party

Melina and I enjoy drinking tea and having little parties. Usually, we brew the tea in one of my cups, and then we pour the tea into some of Melina's little plastic tea cups, once the liquid has cooled down quite a bit. Most of the time, Melina and I are the only ones drinking tea, but sometimes, Melina brings a stuffed animal to the table.

A couple of weeks ago, Melina expressed interest in having other people at our tea party. I thought maybe she'd ask about inviting her friend up the street, who is four. She did ask about having a friend of the street, but it was Mrs. S, who is clearly not four! Melina then added that she wanted to also invite Mrs. D. I think her wanting to have these ladies over is because she encounters them often. Melina sees Mrs. Sherick five times a week at the bus stop, and Melina sees Mrs. D often because the girls are good friends with her daughter. I am friends with both Mrs. S and Mrs. D, so I was happy to try to plan a little tea party.

I don't own a tea set, but I did purchase a tea kettle that sings so that we could really achieve the best effect for our tea party. We planned a light menu of sandwiches and salad, and then had some treats for when we drank our tea. We even set the table, using a complete set of dishes and cutlery.

Don't you love the plastic tea bag holder?!? We had to settle for folded napkins, because neither Melina nor I could do origami.

I stepped back for the next one, just so we could see the whole thing. Obviously, we cleaned the place up for this occasion!


Mrs. S and Mrs. D did not dress up for the tea party, although both admitted to thinking about it. I didn't, either, but Melina (in usual Melina form) took out all stops! She had a great time wearing the flower girl dress she used for Aunt Teresa's wedding and a new headband. As you can see, a great time was had by all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status