(Half) A Day In The Disastrous Life Of A Three Year Old

If Melina could blog, this would describe her morning:

6:45 am.
I woke up this morning with the sniffles. Mommy still came into my room full of smiles, so I guess the day might be all right. But I asked if I could have some chocolate, and she said no. No?!? Something about it being 7 o'clock in the morning. Well, I can't tell time, so what does it matter?

6:49 am.
Mommy carried me downstairs so that we could finish up getting lunches ready for the kids. Today, it will be just the two of us. I already miss the girls and Aaron. I like having them home, and it is too bad that vacation is over. But you know what? I will ask for chocolate. That will make me feel better. Oh, I already did that.

7:15 am.
I just had to go potty, and mommy's hands were freezing! Her fingertips on my body were like little icicles, and I didn't like it. Just like I don't like it when the dog's tail gets me, or when he slobbers on me. I don't like having a wet face. Unless I am crying. My tears and/or mucus are fine. Right about this time, Mommy told me that she was going to get ready to go running. Again? Why does she need to go again? She just went running on Monday morning. I will miss her. AND I need her. Right now. I guess I have to stay with Daddy. Maybe he'll give me chocolate.

7:48 am.
Mommy walked me to the bus stop so that I could stay with Daddy and the kids while she goes running. There she goes. Sniffle. "Have a good run, Mommy! I will miss you!" What will we do when we go back inside? Maybe Daddy has a plan. I know, I can pretend I am the baby, or that Daddy is Enrico. He could read me Snow White! I can be the princess. Ahhhh! Shadow, please leave me alone! No more slobbers!

8:20 am.
Mommy is home! What a feeling. Now, I can get in my halter dress, white tights, sparkly shoes and earrings. Yippee! And so I ask Mommy if I can do that. What?!? It all needs to be washed? What a disaster! I love that dress and the tights and the shoes and the earrings. The earrings are the best. Why can't I have the dress?!? I stomp my foot a little, but that doesn't fly with Mommy. Uh-oh. I guess I can't really ask for chocolate now, can I?

9:30 am.
Mommy showered, I had a nice breakfast (I love strawberries!) and we are on the way to the veterinarian's office. Ferdinand needs more special food. I don't like his food. It looks icky. Mommy says it is really cold out, so I had to wear my heavy coat. But I don't like it. The coat is too hot, and my hair gets all spiky when I wear it. Apparently, Mommy isn't going to budge on this one, either. So I am sitting here in the car with manatee strapped to my chest, just enjoying the music. I could get used to a life of being carted around! "Hey mom, when we get there, will you carry me?" I shout out. "Sure honey," she says.

At the vet, we see a very cute doggy. I pet her, and she licks my face. Her slobbers are okay. Then, we headed to get Stella a birthday gift. I see everything I want: a Hello Kitty watch, a pink bag, a Belle storybook, a Dora pinata, and more. Yep, mom said no to it all. She kept repeating that I just got a new pair of clip-on earrings yesterday. True, but irrelevant, if you ask me.

We picked up Stella's gift, and when we got in line to pay, I saw it. A rack of exquisite chocolate, all wrapped in lovely paper, just waiting for someone like us. My mouth starts to water, and Mom says the magic words. "You can pick one out, honey, but you will have to wait until after lunch to eat it, and you will only get a small piece." Pick your battles, right? I see a small victory in this one!

12 pm. The water is boiling and the noodles just went in. Mommy found my pink cup. I love this pink cup! Brooke gave it to me, and I love eating my macaroni and cheese in it. Oops! I just dropped it. Huh, what is that? Uh-oh. I think it might have broken. I showed it to mom. Oh, no. It is broken! I can't eat my mac and cheese in it? Really? I start to cry and my lower lip trembles, and I am so mad. Mad, mad, mad. What do I do now? Mommy said I can still use the cup over at my little kitchen, but it won't be the same. Thanks for the hug, though, Mommy.

12:15 pm.
Macaroni and cheese, strawberries, chocolate, and Scooby-Doo! What more do I need?

Comments

T said…
I want to come back in my next life as Melina.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status