Speechless

Two things caused me to be speechless today, which is rare.

Item #1: Tim brought home this article. It made my jaw drop. You don't have to agree with me, and since I am speechless, I'm not going to say anything else. Yet.

Item #2: When we left our beloved home state in 2003, we had to leave one of our favorite restaurants. I am not going to divulge the name, but it was a Mexican restaurant, not a chain, that just served good food. To this day, I can't quite replicate the refried beans or enchilada sauce, and Tim misses the really hot salsa.

I emailed the company a couple of days ago, just to see if they could let me in on a couple of the ingredients of their sauce. I knew that they wouldn't share the complete recipe, but I hoped for the name of even one spice that might make their enchilada sauce so mouthwatering good. Imagine my surprise when I received this email this evening (some items have been changed to protect the innocent):
Thank you so much for your interest in our restaurant. I am very flattered that you miss us and would write to us like this. Unfortunately I do not have any plans to expand to southern Ohio at the moment.

As far as recipes go I can't share all of our secrets. I can tell you that the red enchilada sauce recipe was taught to me by my father, the former owner of the A Chophouse in B. He published a couple of cook books that contain similar recipes.

This part is a long shot since southern Ohio is a big place. My brother just moved to C. I have a good friend in D. At the end of February I am planning to visit them both. If you live anywhere in between those two places I would actually get a kick out of making the second longest distance delivery in our history. Just a thought since I'll be bringing both of them some anyways.

Thank you again. Please feel free to contact us anytime.

I wrote a nice email in reply, explaining that we were, thankfully, right in between points C and D, but what I really wanted to say was just "Yes please!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status