Mish Mash

I was woken up this morning by Melina's voice over the monitor. We still need to use one of those, because she stays in bed until someone gets her. And, it is actually quite difficult to hear her when she calls out to us. In fact, she usually whispers.

This morning, however, was a bit different. The first thing I heard was her own version of Funny Bones, the book by Janet and Allan Ahlberg. Melina was talking about the big skeleton, little skeleton, and dog skeleton, and as I listened, she launched into singing about how the bones were connected. It was a little early for a Sunday morning, but her mirth gave me a good chuckle. I reluctantly got out of bed, and now, here we are.

***
Apparently, the teachers at the kids' school waver about the homework debate. Remember how I said that I went in to the principal's office to mourn the lack of homework? He pointed out the debate and said that I could request homework for my kids; the teachers should comply with my request. I found out last week that I am not the only one looking for homework AND several of the teachers believe in the "repetition, repetition, repetition" motto themselves. I do find it somewhat funny that Mrs. M, the girls' primary teacher, has been sending home more homework these days (still not that much). I don't know if it correlates with me volunteering in her classroom, and telling her, quite honestly, that the kids with whom I am working need lots of help (they do).

***
Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow again earlier in the week. That means six more weeks of winter are in store for us. But my question is this: When will winter actually start? I can count on my one hand the number of times so far, since December, that I have pulled out my parka. Lately, I've been tooling about town in sweaters and my down vests. Are we ever going to get winter, and if so, when? I hope it doesn't arrive in July, that is for certain.

Comments

Kelsey said…
I think it is difficult to get the homework thing right - my limited experience was that the parents did the homework half of the time - which didn't help anyone. BUT that was first grade, I would expect consistent homework by fourth!

I have heard second grade is lighter than first... it will be interesting to see what happens next year.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status