Speaking Of Circuses...

This has not been my best week. While I seem to be saying that a lot lately, I am not too worried. It is winter, after all. Anyway, this week, I packed in far too many activities, most of which were not for my benefit. Of course, that statement is going to sound selfish to some people. But if you are going to have a crazy week, don't you think that there should be some fun involved? Well, I do!

I realized the other day, in what was my fourth trip to the kids' school within that day alone (so four trips back means eight total...gotta keep up on my math), that I was feeling as though I couldn't tell the difference between my life and the circus we went to the previous Sunday. Usually, my life is better compared to being at the zoo: full of exotic animals and rife with weird smells. But this week, I have felt as though I was literally in the center ring of a three ring circus. If I looked to the left, I saw the juggling act, struggling, I might add, to keep all the balls in the air. If I looked to the right, I saw the unicycle people, with their arms out to the sides, hoping to keep the balance. And in that center ring with me? Well, there were the monkeys: jumping and flying and just going crazy.

So, I am sitting back right now, just taking a breather, because I am certain I will stumble upon another act tomorrow. Let's hope it isn't the tightrope walker.


Comments

Kelsey said…
Aw Chris - thanks for giving the time you have to school this week. You are totally allowed to say no, even if I'M the one asking! :-)

When I call you tomorrow morning, if you'd just like a little quiet time with your girl, don't be afraid to tell me so.
T said…
Two words: Lice Epidemic.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status