Valentine's Day Surprises

Happy Valentine's Day to you all. While I normally wear green on this day -- in an effort to protest the abundance of red -- I do have a pink shirt on today. I am headed in to school to help with class parties, and thought maybe I should be festive. To be honest, I don't think anyone will care.

We don't do too much around here for this day, but Tim did get the kids a small box of chocolates, one for each. The boxes are small hearts, inside of which are about 5-6 pieces of chocolate. I told the kids that they could open them this morning, but they couldn't eat any. It was just 7:30 am, after all.

Once Zoe, Talia, and Aaron had gotten on the bus, I was putting things away, and stacked all the heart boxes on the table. I opened Melina's and found (surprise?!?) that she had already eaten one. In my head, I remembered seeing her hiding in the corner of the family room and I put 2 and 2 together. The other kids would never have tried this at the age of 3. However, the behavior was pure Melina, so I really should not have been surprised. She did admit to eating the chocolate, and tried for the rest of the day to see if she could have more.

While I was cleaning up cat messes in the basement, I found two more lovely surprises from the cat behind the basement couch. I guess I should be thankful that the puddles were in the basement. We just recently took out the carpeting from there, since Ferdinand had single handedly piddled, pooped, or vomited on every inch of the carpet. Won't the garbage men be surprised on Friday when they need to haul that treasure away? Tim thinks we should put a warning message on it, and I am inclined to agree.

Later on, I thought maybe it was time to check on the kids' progress in school. I logged onto the website and was completely flabbergasted, shocked, and gobsmacked, when I found that one of my children is sporting some Ds. I will not embarrass the child by telling you which one, but you have a 1 in 3 chance of getting it right. While I took said child to task, it is apparent that two of the Ds can be explained by the fact that there are only two grades reported for that subject (one of which is clearly unsavory, but we knew about it when it came home). However, there was a grade of NI in the subject of...MUSIC! Apparently, the child forgot to turn in a worksheet, and didn't think it was important.

I would have preferred some more positive surprises this Valentine's day, so I am going to hold out hope for next year.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status