Dashed Hopes

About a month ago, a friend asked if would be interested in taking a ballet class for grown-ups.  I thought it would be a fun thing to do and so I quickly said, "Yes, send me the information, please!"

I looked up on the internet where to find ballet gear and had settled on a tank, ballet skirt, and tights all in black.  Melina wanted me to change those tights to pink, and so in the interest of pleasing my little one, I planned on wearing pink tights.

Yesterday, I found out the night of the classes has been changed from Monday to Wednesday.  Wednesday night is reserved for Tim's baseball games, and since Tim is always accommodating when I want to go out running, I wouldn't possibly ask for him to give up baseball, just so I could don an almost tutu and fulfill my dreams of dancing on stage.  Doesn't he know the impact Billy Elliott had on me?!?

Are you eye rolling yet?  You don't need to take out the tiny violin.  I never had dreams of dancing on stage, nor do I have the need to wear a ballet skirt and tights.  If the ladies have fun this year, I'll look into it again next summer, when the girls just might be able to hold down the fort long enough for me to head to a quick ballet lesson.  If you'd like to join me next year, please let me know!

Comments

Kelsey said…
Ballet class would be fun! You're welcome to come over here and have Harper teach you her recital piece. :-)

I'm kind of sorry that you don't get to wear a ballet skirt this summer.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status