Finding Your Niche

How many times have you felt like you were trying to keep up with the Joneses? Does that describe you? Thankfully, the times that I have felt like that in my life are few and far between, and hover mainly in the past, somewhere between adolescence and college. I remember those times fondly, despite the need to be like the Jones family (at one point, we actually had a Jones family on the street, but oddly enough, I didn't compare myself to them), possibly because of the positive influences that dotted the landscape at the time.

In any case, for whatever reason, I feel compelled to tell you to stop. And no, I am not necessarily pointing my finger at any one reader. I hope that all my readers are confident in who they are and what they do, but I do know that it is human nature to feel inadequate at times. Well, try to stop that. Try to dwell on the beauty that is you. Feel the love emanating from my words, and embrace what makes you, you. Whether that be the fact that you can diagnose someone accurately, even over the phone (you know you who are), teach a dog the laws of physics (and the dog will actually understand those laws), find the good in anyone, or leg press 208 pounds (a shout out here to Tara, because yes, that is just impressive). Find your niche, and go with it.

I'll see you on the sunny side of the street, bringing a freshly baked casserole and a big old smile to the Joneses.

Comments

Kelsey said…
Aw - thanks Chris...

It's funny - I don't necessarily think that I'm comparing myself to other people all that often, but I tend to feel inadequate more than you'd probably think. OR maybe you know me well enough to tell that I often feel that way?
T said…
Hey, this suspciously was written after I had a conversation with someone else this week. I take it they do not follow your blog?

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status