Thwarting Sleep

Sometimes I wonder if the universe conspires against me in my quest to be well-rested.  I know what you are thinking:  you chose to have four kids and animals...it is my own fault if I don't get the sleep I need.

Well no, it isn't my fault.  Because sometimes, it isn't the kids or the animals, or the husband who wake me up mid-slumber.  Case in point, my experience today.  At the lovely hour of 5:39 am, the carbon monoxide detector chose to tell me, rather loudly I might add, that the batteries needed to be changed.  And because I did not want to have the entire house up at that hour, I took one for the team, and headed downstairs.  Thus, here I sit.

I guess what I need to do is turn the experience around, and thank that detector for helping me find the time to write on the blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status