Kudos to the Kids

This past Saturday, we returned from a visit to see my sister, Gina, and her family.  Gina had given birth to a second baby girl back in June, and we wanted to head out for two reasons:  1. to see the baby, and 2. to also help the family.  I remember after my kids were born that I'd take any help I could get.  It was easy to find help when I had twins, but it was harder to find help when I gave birth to single babies.  I think everyone figured that I already knew what I was doing.  I thought maybe with this being her second, Gina might be looking for a bit of help.

Anyway, off to their house we went on a bright and sunny Monday morning.  5 hours door to door without stops, 6 if we are lucky.  Well, we were lucky.  Melina colored her pictures all the way there, Aaron read, and the girls listened to music.  We stopped at a rest stop and got to see 5 week old yorkies.  That stop ended up being the longest.  In the end, we made it to Gina's in good time, just under 6 hours.

The week was full.  We watched baby Catalina, played with Elli, and tried to adjust to the one hour time difference.  We fed kids, bathed kids, took pictures of kids, and generally did everything for the kids.  But my kids really stepped up to the plate.  They helped put the little ones down for a nap, they read to Elli, they made sure to play games so that all kids were distracted.  By the end of the week, not only was I exhausted, but so were they.

On the return trip, we made it home in 5 and 1/2 hours.  Another record set.  And that return trip involved nothing but smiles and giggles.

Sometimes, we forget to tell our kids what a nice job they have done.  I said it once, I said it twice, and now I am writing it down.  I appreciate the hard work our kids put in during that week, and I know that Gina, Dave, Elli, and Catalina do, too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status