Let Me Give You a Tip

If you happen to be in my class, then you need to know something about this first exam.

1.  I goofed on one question and asked something we didn't cover.  I told you this, and therefore, you started the exam with two points that I gave you.

2.  I looked at the exam after I graded it and saw that 91% of you missed a question.  Why did that happen? I thought to myself.  If that many people missed it, there must have been a reason.  I looked at the question and realized that it had not been emphasized.  So, I tossed that question, too.  You now have four points to your name, and all you did was show up.

3. I walked into class today and gave you 4 minutes to answer the 4 most missed questions (aside from the one I tossed out).  I then let you discuss it with your neighbors for 4 minutes.  Any questions you get right, you will get 2 points extra.  Any you get wrong won't count against you.  What does that mean?  You could get a maximum of 8 extra credit points for questions that you have already seen and answered (and should have gotten right).

4.  You now have 12 points that are completely unearned, in my opinion.  If you didn't pass the exam, it's your own fault.

5.  You should not, under these circumstances I just exhibited, have the nerve to argue with me about a question.  That is just rude.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status