Counting the Days

The other morning, on the way into work, I heard a commercial that spoke about the number of days someone had already lived. 

If I look at that number for myself, I have to say that I've lived the following:

39 years * 365 days/year =  14235 days 

In an effort not to scare away FRN, I am not including leap years, nor am I including the fact that my birthday was back in August, so technically I'd need to add some days.  For that matter, aren't I really in my 40th year?  I guess I am, since my first year was from birth to age 1. 

I know, I know, I scared you already.  Come back, please.

Why am I going this route?  Because I realized actually how short life really is.  Let's say I'd like to live to be 108.  That is a very random number, but one I have clung to for a while now.  I really would like to live that long, provided I am in good health. 

If I do, then I will get to live:

108 years * 365 days/year = 39420 days

And if I do the subtraction I have:

39420 days - 14235 days = 25185 days left to live 

A good number, but not so much!  Not so much, if you ask me!

And this is a very long and circuitous route to my point.  Make each day count. 

Comments

T said…
OMG. Why ?!? Why?!? Thank you for bolding the summary. You lost me at: "39...."

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status