Repeating Myself

This is the email I sent my Saturday class, just after class last Saturday:

You have an exam next Saturday, 10/6.

It will cover Chapters 4 and 5 as well as the Microcope and Tissues Labs.
Questions 1-35 cover lecture material for Chapters 4/5; Questions 36-50 are lab questions.
We will attempt to finish up Chapter 6 next week (after the exam) as well as do the Axial Skeleton.  If time permits, we will start on Chapter 8.  Please have it printed.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

This is one of the messages I received today:

I just want to make sure that we are having lab exam, but not the exam over chapter 4 and 5. Is that correct?

I almost replied that she is lucky it is only Tuesday evening, because she has plenty of time to prepare for the lecture portion of this test.  The portion to which I referred in the email I sent out!  How was it not clear?  Will someone please tell me?

I then clicked on the next email in my inbox.  I was lucky enough to receive this:

I was going over the different types of tissue and when we take the test are you going to hold up a picture of the slide or of a sketch? The reason I ask that is the sketch looks a little different than an actual pic. Also will you be asking about locations, types, and functions of each tissue along with the picture? Thanks!

I felt the vein on my forehead start to beat wildly as I searched my sent-mail folder.  This is what I found:

Please remember that when you study the Histology section of the lab, you need to make sure you know the locations and functions as listed in lab. 

For example:  For simple squamous epithelium, we looked at a lung slide, but it is found in the kidney, air sacs, lining of blood vessels and serous membranes (all of that is listed in your lab book).  You then should memorize the functions as listed in the lab manual, too.

Sure, I didn't mention that I'd be showing the slide on the screen in class for the exam, but this student should have remembered, considering I said it twice, in class.

Who said teaching wasn't just as stressful as parenting?  These students listen just about as well as my kids.  The only difference is that I get paid for it. 
    

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status