Had to Share

The gems that come from kids' mouths should be celebrated.  Every day.  So, I thought I'd pass this one on.  For the record, Ava is my niece and Tara is then, obviously, my sister and Ava's mom.

Ava:  Momma, I like President Obama, but how is he allowed to be President?
Tara:  Uh, why wouldn't he be allowed to be President?
Ava:  Because he wasn't born in the United States.  I thought all Presidents needed to be born here.
Tara:  Ava, he was born here.  Who told you he wasn't?
Ava:  They showed us a movie in class today Momma and HE WAS NOT BORN HERE.  He was born in Canada.
Tara:  What?  Hang on, back up.  They showed you a movie in shcool today saying that President Obama was born in Canada?  Ava, people say a lot of things about different Presidents, but he was not born in Canada.
Ava:  Oh, maybe it was Justin Bieber.  You're right, Mom, Justin Bieber was born in Canada.  He can't be President.

I have to say that Aaron came home today also telling me that Justin Bieber cannot possibly be president because he was born in Canada.  He wasn't quite as confused, seeing as he is 8 and Ava is only 5.  I can only say a huge Thank Goodness to the fact that Justin Bieber can't be president.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status