Anxiety Alert!

I think that all of us have experienced some anxiety at times.  I know I have.  I've battled the cuticle picking for years, and realize that the action is a manifestation of some anxiety.  I've never been treated for any conditions, as I don't think my anxiety falls outside the realm of normal, but I can appreciate if someone else needs to be treated.

I'm in the midst of reading a book on anxiety, written by Daniel Smith and entitled, Monkey Mind: A Memoir of Anxiety. I'm not far into it, but the first pages of this book indicated it will be a read unlike any other I've experienced.  Last night, I thought I'd do some searching on Daniel Smith's website, just to see what he had there.  I ended up checking out the site for longer than I anticipated.

The author, Daniel Smith, is a funny to fault.  He's dealt with anxiety so long, he tends to be humorous about it.  A couple of months ago, reader sent him a sketch of Bob Newhart, a man I realized a long time ago was just funny.  This clip reminded me just how funny the man could be.  It shows how to deal with anxiety (or not).

Two things before you go to view that clip:
1.  I don't take anxiety or any other mental disorder lightly; I bet Bob Newhart doesn't, either.
2.  Watch it to the end.

I sent it to my sisters, one of which shared it on Facebook.  But I needed to share it here, too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status