!

These days, it seems like the exclamation point is everywhere.  As are @ and #, but I don't use Twitter, so I won't be talking about those lovely symbols.  Of course, I am completely guilty when it comes to over use of the exclamation point.  Happy Birthday is not in my vernacular.  I can't even just add a period to it.  Who wants to have Happy Birthday (period) as a message.  No, it has to be Happy Birthday! But I'd rather say it that way than this way:  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I certainly don't like to seem as though I am screaming at the intended recipient of my message.  That, and I just can't seem to get Owen Meany out of my head when I see all capitals.

Some days more than others, I find that I use the exclamation mark excessively.  While I have not yet found a trend, and I cannot predict the days exactly, I do know that when I have not had enough sleep, I am prone to send a message or post a comment and throw in some extra exclamation points.

Lucky you, today is one of those days.  In my attempt to give an update of my random thoughts, a post where I purge my soul, along with it will come an avalanche of punctuation.

And here we go:

  • Aaron did not stay dry last night!  Another trip to the chiropractor is scheduled for Monday.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that things will turn around within a few weeks!
  • I have turned old over night!  I used to have such great will power; now, not so much.  I cannot keep ice cream in the house or I WILL EAT IT!  (Wow, that is a doozy.  Caps and an exclamation point.)
  • Being a best seller doesn't mean crap these days! I just read a stack of books that hit the best seller list, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone!
  • Check out this site, The Mitten State! I just found it, and love it!  Despite being happy here, its hard to walk away from a first love.
  • I might actually have some responsible students in my class this semester!  I had two people contact me PRIOR to the start of class!  Only time will tell the outcome...
  • I found proof that Melina has Tim's genes in her!  She loves nachos!   The more cheese the better!  
  • And even further evidence that I am turning old, I could not freaking remember the word nachos for a few seconds!!!! I had to look out the window, clear my head, and envision the tortillas chips and cheese on the plate.  Holy guacamole, Batman!!!

Happy Friday!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status