Plus ça Change...

So last year, on January 1st, I said that I'd try my best to stay up and ring in the New Year.  And I truly did plan to do just that.  But then Tim and Zoe contracted a cold, and the kids want to go rollerskating this morning.  So we made the executive decision to put the kibosh on any partying and get some sleep.

Once again, I was snuggled in bed by 9:30 pm with, you guessed it, Aaron. 

I heard fireworks and people in the street at midnight, so technically, I didn't miss ringing in the New Year.  But clearly, technicalities don't count.

Does it matter that I can't stay up until midnight unless I am forced to?  Not really.  I'd rather concentrate my efforts elsewhere.  On this first day of January, I am making a list of things I'd really like to accomplish.  I did so many things in 2012, I am going to have to aim high this year. 

The list isn't going to appear here today.  Over the course of the year, you'll  hear about all these things, probably ad nauseum.   For today, I'll keep it short and sweet and simply wish for you all a peaceful, happy, safe, and wonderful 2013.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status