Poseur

Don't judge me, but I probably ain't the best Catholic. I don't go to confession often enough, I don't believe that birth control is wrong, and I certainly don't always get to mass. I do, however, hold Mary as sacred and believe in Jesus, God, the Holy Spirit and the Saints. More importantly, I believe that each and every one of us is special, and that we should treat every person and animal on the planet with respect and dignity. I'm on board with many social justice issues, and I do believe that if Jesus walked the earth today, he'd be a liberal. (The pope just shuddered.)

Do you have to believe the way I do? Certainly not. And I won't judge or berate you if we don't see eye to eye. Furthermore, I won't push any propaganda on you or try to convert you. I love you for who you are, as hokey as that sounds.

So, I am probably not the best spokesperson for the neighborhood Catholic parish housed here within a somewhat conservative microcosm. And yet, come February 24, spokesperson I will be. I, along with a few other friends, have been pegged to lead a discussion on Rediscovering Catholicism. Don't laugh, FRN, for its true. The problem? As much as I think I could stand to be more spiritual, I don't think that I need to be more Catholic. In fact, I don't really need or want to rediscover Catholicism. I'd rather eat my doughnut, drink my coffee, and sit and chat with a few friends on a Sunday morning where we reaffirm friendship, find fellowship, and bask in the knowledge that these ladies inspire me in ways that the Vatican just doesn't. (OMG. The pope just stepped down.)

Poseur I will be, but I've done this before. If I can pretend to be a fashion model, I can certainly fake a discussion session, right?

Comments

T said…
Whatever! Sounds lovely, truly. If I was in the area I would love to attend. Stamp of approval given -FRN

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status