Putting on the Brakes

Do you know what that sound is, highness? Those are the shrieking eels. They --

Wait a minute. It's not the sound of shrieking eels, it's the sound of screeching brakes. The brakes that have put a halt to my manic writing.

I checked my dissertation yesterday, a fine (ha-ha, that's funny) specimen of writing that I wrote in 8 weeks, with plenty of revising. It is 115 pages long, and could have been longer, I suppose, but I had twins at home and places to be.

And where do I stand with my current piece? 107 pages. In 12 days. The story has a long way to go to even be called a first draft, but it's already way more interesting than the hardcover bound black book sitting on my bookshelf.

I think I'll give myself a break, not berate myself for being unable to keep up a pace of approximately 2300 words per day. The only things is, if I could manage that pace, I'd be done with a pre-first draft within the month. I can't tell you how tempting it is to tell Tim I'll be away for a few weeks...good luck with the kids!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status