What's the Fuss?

This is one of those posts that will probably divide my sisters and me, at least that is what I expect. My older sister will side with me, and my younger sister will be against me. Come to think of it, my older sister might not even know what I am talking about. I don't mean that to be offensive. I just mean that she doesn't have a propensity toward popular music, at least I don't think she does. (And she's probably a better person for it.)

So a while back, I heard this announcement that Jay Z and Justin Timberlake had a new song. Oh goody, I thought. (Remember when I said I don't always tell the whole truth when I recount tales? Yeah, this is one of those times.) I'd never been a fan of either, but I'm willing to give most things a shot. I stuck with the radio station and awaited the release of the new song. I have to say, I liked the title (Suit & Tie).

Unfortunately, that is where my happiness ended. I can't possibly explain or describe how grating this song was to me, but my first thought was that I could do better (and if you've ever heard me sing, then you know how bad I think this song is); the second thought was that people were loving this song! LOVING IT. Proclaiming it a colossal collaboration! My third and final thought before I turned the dial (not really) was that the lyrics were a mess (at least some of them).

People are, of course, entitled to their own opinion, but I just don't see it.

So go and post on Facebook how excited you are for the tour dates and how much you can't wait to go see these two together. But when you get there, and you hear this song, and you realize that the repetitive drone of the words suit & tie lead to a 70s flashback voice that twinkles and sounds somewhat like a more sophisticated Justin Bieber, and you wonder why the heck you spent the money to go see this, don't say I didn't warn you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status