Big Day

Yesterday was my big day. After thoroughly combing through my story for the last time, I printed 8 copies of the entire manuscript, slid them into binders, and handed out most of them to my writing group. As I gave each person the copy, an ache in the bottom of my stomach began to swell and questions swirled in my mind. Am I ready for this? Will they like it? And what will they say? Will I have to completely overhaul the piece before the group thinks it is worthy of anything? How many revised drafts will there be at the end? The list of questions can go on and on. So while I think of yesterday as a big accomplishment, I also view it as a big worry. 

I think I'll go have a peanut butter cookie and some coffee. And then work on the next manuscript.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status