Snips

I'm not one to judge, really, but this is the headline I read today:

Tori Spelling: We can't afford a vasectomy

I'm guessing that can't possibly be true, and here is why.

(Are you ready for a bit of TMI?)

I was at my annual exam and the nurse practitioner asked, "Is there anything else we can help you with?"

Why yes. "Do you have the name of a good urologist? I'd like my husband to get a vasectomy. And, he's on board with the whole thing."

"Sure," she said.

That afternoon, I got a call from the physician's office to which we were referred. I called the receptionist back, gave her Tim's information, and made an appointment for a consult. The woman said she'd be calling me back once she talked to the insurance company.

"Christina?" she said. "The initial consult will be a $40 copay, and the outpatient procedure will be another $40 copay."

"And the rest will be covered by insurance?" I asked.

"Yes," she confirmed.

"Well that makes me wonder why we didn't do this before now!" She chuckled at my comment, but I was serious.

And really, if we can afford what will amount to an $80 procedure, I think that Tori and Dean can, too. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status