What To Do?

Here we are, at October 31, on the cusp of a brand new November. And what is November? We have gone through this a couple of times on the blog...it is NaBloPoMo. A month of posts. Thirty of them, to be exact. A goal to reach. Except I've done it before, and as I said last year (I think), Id rather accept a new challenge.

Well, you say, you could do NaNoWriMo. What? Yes, that stands for National Novel Writing Month. But I did that last February when I wrote Beyond the Trees in thirty days, which means I'm a little ahead of or behind the times, depending on which way you look at it. (By the way, funny aside. The NaNoWriMo website says, November 1-30, The world needs your novel. Well, I'm going to argue against that. So far, no one has grabbed the two that I've done, although to be fair, I've only tried to do anything with one. But I digress.) And I don't have enough time this month to sit and write a 50,000 word novel.

So where does that get me? I checked out my goal for last year, which was to finish up Drops of Jupiter. According to the blog, I made that goal. And while I am not looking for the easy way out (let's admit it, writing really isn't that easy any way you cut it), I have a manuscript that sits at about 24,000 words, right now. A manuscript that could go in many different directions, none of which I am sure about. If I take on the manuscript, and try to finish it up over the month of November, will my desire to be challenged be quenched? Is the Pope Catholic, as they say?

Well that's it, folks. By the end of November, I'd like to have a working draft of After We've Fallen. I can already tell this is going to be a tough thing to do, so if I get grumpy, bear with me, please. I'll report back here because, even when I say I'm taking a hiatus, I never do. I gots too much to say!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status