Baking Day

I had planned to do some baking with a few friends today. Thankfully, that's all I had scheduled, as the kids had an unplanned day off (two inches of the white stuff, not enough to call off school, except for here, in the South, although we aren't really in the South), which meant I'd have four children inside the house (they didn't feel like heading out). After a few emails back and forth between my friends and me, we decided to go ahead with baking day as previously scheduled.

What was on the docket? A recipe we found on the one and only Facebook. You can find that recipe here. But the real question to ask is this: did the recipe turn out as great as everyone hyped it up to be?

Don't get me wrong, the cookies were good. But I wasn't entirely blown away by them. I wanted to be, really I did, and I loved the flavor that the browned butter brought out, but were these fantastic? Eh. Would I make them again? Yes, I would.

Now what was great was the company. So if you find yourself with an unplanned day off and you feel like doing some baking, come on over. I'd be happy to entertain any number of my friends. I have a whole pile of recipes to try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status