#TBT

According to Urban Dictionary, Throwback Thursday is "when you put a picture from a 'while' ago on your social media sites." I'm not sure when the trend started and I have no desire to actually do the research (I'm busy, don't you know? And research like that doesn't take precedence over what I need to do today. Sorry.). Furthermore, I won't even speculate about when the trend started. Knowing internet trends and how quickly they catch on, #TBT (as Twitter users say) could very well have begun only late last year. And now, everyone's doing it.

Can you see where this post is going? I should be predictable by now.

If all of your friends decided to jump off a cliff, would you? Did your mother ever posit that question to you when you were growing up? Have you found yourself asking that very same question (or something similar) to your own children? As much as I love to see old photographs of friends and unknowns, I have a problem with Throwback Thursday. And that problem is that everyone's doing it.

But I'm not here to judge. If you want to participate in Throwback Thursday, feel free to do so. (Remember I just said that I LOVE seeing the pictures!) Do me a favor though, will ya? Participate in the trend because you enjoy it and think it is a super idea, and not because everyone else is doing it.

That reason never has been and never will be a good one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status