I'm Ready

It's finally happened. I'm ready to take a Facebook hiatus. (If you're reading this, it's probably not because of anything that you did. I rarely write a post relating to something that my faithful followers did unless that something is positive.) Knowing that I don't have a Smartphone or texting capability, this hiatus should come as no surprise to a few of you. I'm the sort that doesn't like to be accessible at all times, nor do I need to know everything. And sadly, I'm just done with knowing everything.

I don't need to know how unbelievably talented you and your family are. I don't need to know that you're at the bar and grill with your bestie. I don't need to know that the entire school year, which hasn't gone well for you, has nothing to do with any shortcomings you and your kids have and everything to do with the shortcomings that everyone else has. I don't even need to know what song you are listening to right now. Because what's next? That you're at the gynecologist getting an internal exam? At the proctologist getting a similar, yet entirely different, internal exam? That you're sitting in the loo? Having an intimate moment with your partner? That's right, I don't need to know. And furthermore, I don't want to know.

And with the amount of time I don't have right now, thanks to summer vacation, four kids, a cat, a dog, a hope-to-be-adopted dog, sisters, vacations, a husband, friends, and a full life that I am so happy to have, I'm taking a vacation from that social media outlet, and when will I return? I'm not sure.

Just remember, it's not you, it's me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status