Changes

I broke my FB hiatus. Willingly. Because I was alerted to a message that would be sitting in my inbox. I probably should have just left it there, waiting for me to open it, but I couldn't. Curiosity got the best of me.

And while that message wasn't worth the time, while I was there, lurking around FB but not commenting on anything, I was pleasantly surprised by a post. That a friend of mine, Jon (a guy I became friends with when I was twenty-two), and his wife, are expecting baby number three. They are adding a little boy to their two little girls. It's the best news I've had in a few days.

On the other side of the coin, though, Jon and his family are moving. We haven't seen them in years, but knowing they were only three hours away gave us possibilities to get together. Now, they will be almost twelve hours away by car, one by plane. But who gets six people in a plane these days, simply to head south, into a region accessible easily by car? Not this family. But here's the thing. Now that Jon and his family will be farther away, I think I need to take it upon myself to see them and that area of the country that my children haven't seen yet.

So Jon, we're inviting ourselves over. We'll give you time to settle, give Kara time to have the baby, give everyone time to adjust to a third child. And then, we'll swoop in and visit. And if you're lucky, which you so totally are, we'll offer to babysit while you and Kara head out for some much needed time to yourselves.

We're looking forward to the new changes in your life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status