And Then...

I promised you something more literary for today, but I'm here to tell you that I lied. Flat-out lied. I've got nothing to say that is remotely inspiring for anyone, and I haven't done any real thinking about life, writing, teaching, or parenting. Which of course, makes you ask yourself why in the heck am I posting? Right?

Because I must. Seriously. I need to at least write a little or else I don't scratch the itch. Plus, I have something to tell you.

No, I didn't procure an agent or win the prize for best instructor. I don't have a story being published (although I will in the fall) nor did I manage to find another editing gig (I am enjoying the one I'm currently on). Nothing quite so profound and life-changing, unless you think that having another dog is a life-changing event. (And to some, I know that is true. For us, it remains to be seen.)

I'll be quick: I looked on Craigslist for a suitable new friend, found one I thought might work, took Shadow and the kids to look at him, and came home with a dog. A former owner called him Glenn, but the man who transferred him to us calls him Toby. Toby sounds like a nice dog name; Glenn just sounds outdated (sorry, Glenn L., but you probably don't read this anyway, and you're human.) He's a Black Lab/Bassett Hound mix -- something I never thought I'd see. Ever.

And here he is:


(See how those feet turn out, like the Bassett Hound? Hilarious. Really.) So far, the only one that's really annoyed by him is Lucy, the cat. Shadow is a close second, and Tim is bringing up the rear. Maybe it's a male thing?

Comments

Unknown said…
Congratulations on the new addition!
Kelsey said…
Ooh I have to meet him!
Christina said…
Anyone is welcome at any time. Plus, he likes the car. Since he's so much smaller than Shadow, I can easily take him places. Which means, I can also come to you!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status