Good Words

Years ago now, I discovered the poet, Rumi. I found him in what I thought was a very unlikely place: between the pages of a book categorized as Juvenile Fiction. Since that time, I often find myself Googling his sayings, because just one look at them can inspire me to write.

In my quest to find something the other day, I found the beautiful quote below. And thankfully,  I know exactly where to use it.

I want to see you.

Know your voice.

Recognize you when you
first come 'round the corner.

Sense your scent when I come
into a room you've just left.

Know the lift of your heel,
the glide of your foot.

Become familiar with the way
you purse your lips
then let them part,
just the slightest bit,
when I lean in to your space
and kiss you.

I want to know the joy
of how you whisper
"more”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status