Here We Go Again

For two years, I've been wedded to a first chapter. Over the course of several revisions, said chapter changed very little until my writing group said, "Have you thought about..." I trust The Plot Sisters' intuition and experience, so I hunkered down and hoped to pull out some magic.

I'm not sure if I found any magic, but I do know that yesterday, I sat back (literally) and said, "That's a damn fine first chapter." A euphoric feeling bounced through me for a few moments. I brushed the scone crumbs off my chest and took a long sip of coffee. I mentally patted myself on the back. Then, the world screeched to a halt when I realized that yes, I should redo the last chapter.

I know it will benefit the story. I know I will feel better about the whole manuscript when it's completely done. I know this, I know this. So, here we go again...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status